Saturday, April 30, 2016

Over-sharing



   One of the most difficult pieces of my husband's dis-inhibition as a result of his injury is over-sharing. I'm usually pretty private and tend to keep our personal lives private, but he shares just about everything. We talk about it regularly, so I'm not betraying any secrets, but sometimes it bothers me. He's gotten much better about this, especially when it comes to events that are personal to me. Now and then he will ask if he can share something, but then there are times that it's too important not to post and it's out there for about two thousand of our closest friends.
   As with most of the new pieces of our journey, I've come to accept this need to keep the social world abreast of our doings. I wonder if other survivors do this and how we as supporters can accept it more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment