Friday, April 22, 2016

Being Thankful


   Last night, while trying to fall asleep, I heard my phone receive several text messages. Worrying that something else will befall someone I love, I decided that I should check to see who was looking for me.
   It was a young person whose journey is relatively new. She wanted to say Hello and update me about recent events in her life. She said that she was making connections with other people and that she was thankful for who she is and how strong she has become.
   Years ago, while my son was undergoing chemo for leukemia and we were unsure of our future, someone told me about "crap" sandwiches. This person said that my crap sandwich was having a child with cancer. Someone else's crap sandwich may be the loss of a child, their job, or getting in a car accident.
   Today, I am thankful for my crap sandwich. I would rather have mine, than anyone else's.


No comments:

Post a Comment